1. Set your goals!
- Create your goals using the 4 P’s.
- Now that you’ve chosen them, write them down! Use a journal, a whiteboard or an app (see here for the ones we recommend).
- Put a deadline on when you want to achieve them by.
2. Achieve your goals
- Break your goals down into smaller tasks. Think about what you can complete daily – run 5km today and gradually work your way up to a marathon.
- Visualise yourself achieving your goals. Think about the steps you need to take physically happening. It’s scientifically proven to help you actually achieve them!
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. Be around others who are either achieving similar goals, have achieved them in the past, or are simply of a similar mindset!.
3. Keep yourself (and your team) accountable!
- Have a forfeit/reward system. Treat good progress and have a forfeit for when you don’t stay on track.
- Host weekly progress meetings. Track yours and your team’s actions and where you are in relation to achieving your goals.
- Host an annual strategic planning meeting. Go to a nice location and brainstorm with your team. Reflect, extend your goals, and create new ones.
4. Avoid these pitfalls
- Don’t get distracted by day-today life. Keep your focus and remind yourself of your goals constantly.
- Be realistic with your goals too. If you aim for one that’s too ambitious, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
- Don’t have too many goals. Pick two or three overarching, realistically achievable goals and go from there.
If you want to see any of these points in detail, just check out our most recent blog posts!